Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hello all,

I would like to propose a Multipack hack day, for the February meet. This has been proposed a number of times, as has the notion of using it to create something in support of the a.green:focus campaign (which frankly died soon after I announced my intentions last year).

Ideally it would be good to work on something that can launch before SXSW to dissuade attendees from picking up the infamous big bags (and lobby for them not being part of the 2011 festival). I have a few ideas, and I think there are perhaps a number of interesting directions we could go on this.

There are also perhaps some longer term projects in this arena we could explore (I know Matt Machell had some good ideas and Ant is working on a green themed iPhone app). There's certainly no shortage of interest amongst the group, which is encouraging!

Is anyone interested in a hack day, and one with this focus? Would One Black Bear be able to offer their offices up over the weekend? Would it make sense to run this over two days?

As to a date, the second weekend of February coincides with valentines day, so I would suggest either the first or third week in February. However, the later date would mean less time to launch/promote anything that would relate to SXSW which begins March 12th.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Paul
    •  
      CommentAuthorSi
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010

I'm certainly game for the a.green:focus Hack Day, so long as it doesn't fall on St Valentine's Day (planning to be out the country with my good lady that weekend).

Not sure I could commit to an entire weekend though, only one day if you plan to go through the night.

Let me know when you finalise a date and I'll try to get Campaign Monitor on the sponsorship again - I'm sure beer and pizza like the last Presents will go down well late at night.

• CommentAuthorrossriley

Sounds like an excellent idea. Offices are available of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIgtastical

Yes, I'm up for this, however I can't do the weekend of the 6/7th so it will be date-dependant.

• CommentAuthorMatt

I'm up for it. I had some ideas for a widget to show your pledges kinda thing or a virtual goodiebag thing.

Wouldn't be able to commit to two days though.

Seems like common consensus is the third weekend of February, (Saturday 20th). Just the one day is fine, perhaps between 10am-6pm (perhaps later if we feel the need to continue).

Should I add this date to upcoming?
    •  
      CommentAuthorabitgone
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010

Sounds good - like Andy, I can't make the first weekend, so the third makes sense for me. Two days would be okay with me, but I'd have to bail fairly early on Sunday afternoon.

•  
      CommentAuthorrythie
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010

I'm up for this. The dates and times suggested are fine for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSi
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010

Paul:

Add the third Saturday to Upcoming and assess it from there. I reckon most would be up for at least one day, maybe review the outcome mid-week if Sunday is not a viable option for most.