Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMatt
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2009

I figured it was worth starting brainstorming on this early.

I've actually been approached by one of my colleagues, who's interested in talking Semantic Web and RDF - if it's an area people would be interested in. Good for those looking at data-mashing the governments open data (it runs on our Semantic Web platform).

This might work as part of a larger open data event, there's plenty of interest in the topic at the moment...

• CommentAuthordigikev
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2009

It is interesting that you mention RDF as it is something I have been looking into more recently too. In particular RDFa and Microformats. A talk on this from someone who has been using them widely and for some time would be excellent. I have just bought Andy Clarke's video on Microformats For A Beautiful Web on Peachpit too which is a good primer for anyone looking to find out more.

We also have some talent within Multipack on this subject too in the form of Andy Mabbett who implements, researches and gets involved in Microformats and improving meta data in web applications.

Perhaps we could have a few people to chat on the subject and their experiences?

RDF and the Semantic Web is certainly something I'd be interested in knowing more about.

Since EE2.0 was (finally) released this year, I think maybe a quick overview or something similar might be in order. I spoke to Tim Print at EECI2009 and we reckon the two of us could put something together, perhaps as part of a CMS-themed Presents... event.

• CommentAuthortrovster
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009

So that's two votes for RDF / Microformats. I'm sure there are some people we can get to talk about both of the subjects, and the pros & cons for each.

I would like to see something about EE, so a CMS-themed Presents event would be interesting. What other CMSs are people using. Someone could talk about their WordPress tricks, useful plugins etc, I know I found that knowledge very useful when hacking together my first full WP site.

• CommentAuthorMatt
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2009

If we had an EE/Wordpress event, it'd be nicely useful for non-multipackers (I'm thinking cross-promoted with Brumbloggers/Social Media peeps). Get a bit of cross-group collaboration going.

Oh, will check with Rob, but he's more likely to talk RDF than RDFa, I expect.